Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Other Side

Everything I've ever done
I've done with the best intentions
Every rule I ever broke
Has been too rare to mention
I've been holding out so long
And made this love my own invention

Every heart I ever broke
I tried my best to mend
Every story that I've sang
Has always had its end
I'm tired of this fairytale
I want to stop playing pretend

But I can't
So I won't
Although this heart of mine
Is crying for the other side

Every time I look away
You're always there beside me
Every time I needed you
You're always there to guide me
I am begging for a sign
That things aren't always what they seem

Every second that I wait
I view as some days long
Every time I go to sleep
The dreams turn out so wrong
I know inside I am a fool
Though I try to act so strong

But I can't
So I won't
Although this heart of mine
Is crying for the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment