Monday, March 19, 2012

You Did It

If I could just tell myself one thing, it would be "don't do this again". Don't you dare trust anyone else, because every time you do, they end up leaving you. Every single time. I'm tired of counting the times people tell me they love me and take it back, watching me cry because I foolishly trusted them again.

If I could go back and warn myself that you'd be the one to break me the hardest, I never would have let myself get as close to you. There would be no chance of me falling in love with someone who could use me to his own advantage, then simply toss me aside, proving that I'm more unlovable than I originally believed.

If I could shield myself from every ounce of hope you gave to me, I would do it in a heartbeat. I never should have trusted you. I'm an idiot. I hope you're happy, because if you were planning to break my heart, you succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment