Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Simply Believe

Hey, everyone! Zia here, just giving you a recap of my year. c:

I can't believe I have been writing on this blog for four years. Four. Since my freshman year of high school, I have posted my work here. And now, I am a freshman in college. I can't believe how quickly the time flies! It feels like only yesterday that I was just beginning to discover what writing meant to me in regards to how I expressed and handled my feelings. The style of my writing has changed so much as well! What a difference life experiences really make on a person.

So I am in college now, and it is an amazing experience. I have never met such a wide variety of people interested in different things. Of course there are the stereotypical band kids like me, those of us who are dedicating our lives to our practice. Most of the students in the department are music education majors. There are only two instrumental performance majors in my class, myself included. But we all adore playing. However, the department does have its struggles. My section lacks true leadership, as the directors refused to put a freshman as principle player because of lack of experience. Although each director has told me that my abilities are superior to my section leaders, they didn't want to cause me too much stress.

Next semester, however, they intend to make me a leader! I have never been so motivated in my life to become a better player. I truly believe that I will be an outstanding role model for the horns beneath me. I'm dedicated, and I love this instrument more than I have ever loved anything in my life. Horn kept me alive when I was at the edge of control. When I wanted to give up on myself, I pushed on for my music. I live and breathe for horn. There will never be a love more true than my love for horn. And I hope that I can convey that to my directors and professors.

My social life is doing well. Making friends in college is a lot easier than making friends in high school. I adore my sorority. The sisters are wonderful women, and I cannot wait to spend my college experience with them. My roommate is an angel. We get along absolutely wonderfully, and I hope she always knows that she is extremely loved. I have a good group of people in my life, and I intend to keep them. I am liked! I feel well-liked by my community, and that is a wonderful feeling.

Love life? Hey, that's a thing, too! We aren't official because he's at home, but he makes me really happy. And that is a great feeling. Having someone tell me I am beautiful and call me "baby" is a fantastic thing. I can't wait to see him again.

So all in all, I have come to the conclusion that things are going to be okay. I get stressed out, but at the end of the day, I am a pretty lucky girl. If there's a piece of advice I could offer you, it is this:
Things are never going to be perfect. It isn't always going to work out in your favor. But sometimes, that's okay! Nothing in life is set in stone, and things change a lot. But if you keep on pushing forward and believing that you're going to make it through the day, through the weeks, whatever, then that is what will keep you going. You have to believe in yourself, as cheesy as that sounds. If you feel like you're at your limit, then take a step back. Cool down. Then get right back on top of it and take charge. YOU are your best asset.
I believe in you. You should believe in you, too.

I intend to make this next year more incredible than the last! Every year, I learn something new about myself and about the world around me. That's what is truly important. Continuous growth is such a huge part of finding yourself. You learn what makes you happy, and that is what you need to live your life to the fullest. Happiness is the ultimate goal, my friends. And I promise, you will find what makes you happiest. I hope that you are defining yourselves and that you defy every negative influence that threatens to hold you down! Simply believe, and the rest should follow suit.

With much love,
Zia
Define Hurt

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to post another update? Did you become section leader? I play the trombone in a college band so these types of posts are like crack to me.

    ReplyDelete