Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Was That Even A Thing?

How could I have been so blind?

Watching you now from my balcony
Waiting for you to fall once more
Tormented, pathetic little boy
With your ego radiating like an aura
That pretentious air a commonplace
In your dry personality

How could I have been so stupid?

Wasting perfectly good tears
On a figment of my imagination
Acting like such a chivalrous man
When you're still a child in mind
Berating others for their faults
Praising your slim strengths
And ignoring every shortcoming
As though you have none

Why did I ever want you?

Irritating in the extreme
Unquenchable thirst for superiority
Insatiable appetite for approval
Lacking in confidence
But you make up for it in pompousness
Such a bad actor
Such a bad friend

No comments:

Post a Comment